SCU School of Engineering Student Webpage Policies
Date of last revision: 7/12/1999
All students who wish to post personal World Wide Web pages on the server students.engr.scu.edu must agree to abide by all policies in this document. Submitting a request for a webpage indicates acceptance of all policies.
Penalties for policy violations may include loss of webpage privileges, temporary or permanent suspension of computer accounts, punishment by the school or university, and/or legal action, depending on the nature and severity of the violation.
Webpage policy help index:
Recent Policy Changes
- Students may not post webpages that violate policies of Santa Clara University, the SCU School of Engineering, or any applicable laws.
- Student webpages are hosted by the Engineering Design Center. Students must follow all relevent Design Center policies (posted in "helpme policy" on the Design Center system).
- Because policies may change over time, you must review these policies from time to time. We will generally allow a grace period of one quarter after the time a new policy is introduced during which violators of that policy will only be given a warning, but we reserve the right to begin enforcement sooner if appropriate steps are taken to ensure that all students are made aware of the policy changes.
- Your top-level webpage must included this disclaimer: "The content of these web pages is not generated by and does not represent the views of Santa Clara University or any of its departments or organizations." This will be checked automatically by the system regularly, and violators will have their webpages disabled. Please be sure to use the exact wording given above, and do not include any HTML tags inside the disclaimer. If you are using frames, the disclaimer must still appear in your basic index file. You can use the Lynx web browser to verify that your disclaimer is displayed.
- CGI programs and scripts and server-parsed pages are allowed, but any which attempts to violate system security or which severely impacts system performance is prohibited. Runaway CGI programs will be automatically killed.
- Webpage disk space is counted against your Design Center disk quota.
Other Topics of Interest